The Next Step Buoyancy Shorts are just that, the next step in your buoyancy journey. As your technique and form improve through the use of more buoyant shorts you will want to reduce the level of support, enabling your body to take a more active role in your body position.
Made from the same Yamamoto Smoothskin neoprene and triathlon wetsuit style stitched and bonded seams as our Original shorts, we have reduced the panel thickness to using 2mm neoprene down the centre and 3mm on the sides aid in your progression.
- Lower level of buoyancy compared to the Original buoyancy shorts.
- Concept has helped 1000’s of swimmers improve their swim technique and speed.
- New design and comfort focused waistband.
- Improves your body position and swim technique.
- Designed as a natural feeling alternative to a pull buoy.
- Enhanced core support to aid with technique development.
The Full Leg Buoyancy Shorts serve three main purposes:
1. For novice or intermediate level swimmers the major factor that prevents them from swimming faster, is the lack of core stability and their leg kick. Their arm strength and technique is generally good but they have poor body positioning creating a lot of drag and ‘dead weight’, which makes it much harder to swim efficiently.
- Buoyancy shorts place the swimmer in the correct horizontal and streamlined position, helping to build a ‘neural pattern’ of how they should feel in the water. This also allows the swimmer to concentrate on a more effective leg kick and glide with each stroke, without that ‘sinking leg’ feeling.
- The extra support also allows the swimmer to focus more on their arm stroke technique.
- Results have shown that over time a swimmer’s body position, speed and endurance can be significantly increased by training with buoyancy shorts
2. Suitable for any level of triathlete who wants to refine their open water swimming technique whilst in a pool. Swimming in a wetsuit during a triathlon is very different to swimming without a wetsuit during a swimming race. The majority of your power needs to derive from your upper body whereas your legs and core provide the essential control. These kickpants help develop your open water swimming technique whilst in the pool, where wearing a full wetsuit would either be too hot, or banned by the life-guards.
3. For use in open-water training or races as an alternative to swimming in a full wetsuit (when the water is warm enough!).
Republic of Ireland Delivery (excluding kayaks and surfboards)
FREE Irish* Courier delivery on orders of €50 or more.
Orders under €50 will be charged a €5 delivery fee.
- We use a courier service; delivery is normally next day but during busy times can take up to 5 days. Please allow up to five days. The courier will be given your mobile phone number and will contact you if he has trouble finding you or if no one is home. Consider getting your parcel delivered to a business address if you’re going to be out all day.
Offer limited to standard courier shipping to Republic of Ireland addresses only.
UK and Northern Ireland Delivery
We are currently not shipping to the UK. Northern Ireland customers please contact us via e-mail or phone if you want to place an order as currently the system we are using is not set up to process these sales.
Kayaks and Surfboards
FOR SHIPPING ENQUIRIES ON KAYAKS DURING COVID-19 PLEASE EMAIL US ON INFO@WILDSIDESPORTS.IE OR CALL 023-8829706
We offer a 30-day return policy.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return it to us within 30 days. We will issue you a full refund for the price you paid for the item (s) or exchange for another size (whichever you’d prefer). Postage will not be refunded unless the item is faulty or incorrect. You can also return your item to the shop directly in Bandon.
We accept returns only if:
- All tags are still on the item
The item has not been used or worn or washed (who’d wash an unused item?)
- The item is complete (for example if returning shoes send the pair…)
- Packaging is intact and not damaged (try not to sit on it)
We suggest, if posting the item to us you retain proof of purchase in case it goes missing in the post!
Web Order Returns, Wild Side Sports, Unit 8 Bandon Retail Park, By-Pass Road, Bandon, Co. Cork, P72 KN32, Ireland (don’t forget to include your receipts!!!)